Swap

6 comments

   The last three weeks I've been looking after a friends veggie garden that
   produces a huge amount of zucchini's. Today, again, I left with 4 very large
   ones (about 3 kilo each, I'm not kidding!) thinking: what to do with these?
   As I sort of forced the previous ones on all my friends (which resulted into a
   zucchini party) I was looking for new victimes... While cycling home I came
   across this beautiful house where the owners were working in the garden.
   I drove up to the fence and asked if they'd fancy a zucchini. Luckily they
   did and even better, they offered to trade for apples and pears out of their  
   orchard! A huge apple/pear pie is in my oven, right now... YUM!

   There's an interview with me on Pikaland about the 4 week workshop I'll 
   teach at camp pikaland in september! Read it here
   And also one on Dutch Handmade, you can find it here.

6 comments:

  1. Wat een goed idee! Smakelijk! Mijn collega's zijn ook druk groente en fruit aan het ruilen. Erg jammer dat ik niks heb om mee te doen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, wat een goede ruil! En op een gegeven moment heb je ook wel genoeg van courgette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing trades like that! If we lived closer I'd trade you a loaf of bread for a zucchini :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goed bezig! Lekker hoor zo´n taartje, eet smakelijk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hihi doet me denken aan dat prentenboek 'Het appeltulbandje', waarin talloze keren wordt geruild om uiteindelijk aan appels voor een taartje te komen.
    ps. ik zeg: courgettesoep! Pas nog gemaakt, heerlijk en een hoop voorraad in de vriezer! (2 uien, 200g aardappel, 2 courgettes, paar eetlepels groene pesto, bouillon, en op het laatst 'n pak diepvrieserwten en room erbij, en dan pureren....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een goede ruil, ik kan de taart bijna ruiken. Hmmm. Wij maken van courgette vaak Zoete Taart, ook heel lekker. Ik heb 't recept eens op m'n blog gezet: http://omstebeurt-eennieuwavontuur.blogspot.com/search/label/lekker

    ReplyDelete

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.