Oh happy days...

2 comments

There have been a lot of changes in my life lately: big choices business wise, moving from the city to a tiny village, and some more. I feel a bit embarrased to admit it, but it would be an understatement to say that I'm not so good with change, I'm terrible at it (but can't stand a rut either)! I drift away from myself when trying to handle too much change, and become grumpy, weepy and sad (even a bit depressed).

I'm trying to handle this by getting into a regular sleep routine, but that's hard because I have to travel three nights a week to Utrecht to teach and am back home at half past eleven (I'm not an evening person). I found myself still awake at 3 o'clock in the morning and pretty frustrated and grumpy (with my duvet and pillow on the sofa so I wouldn't keep my man from his sleep).

To deal with my resistance of change, to stop nagging and to get some positivity going on in my head, I'm now trying this new thing... One of my friends introduced me to the book: Feel the fear... and do it anyway, by Susan Jeffers. It's about how we hold ourselves back by nagging and finding excuses not to deal with things, being affraid. I'm halfway throught the book and started with affirmations...

Picture me having a bowl of muesli in the morning while listening to a woman chanting on my iPod: 'I let go and trust it's all happening perfectly' and then repeating it 10 times.
When I'm behind my computer I have a clear view on the notes on my wall saying: 'I can handle it', 'I am a positive and optimistic person'. I even have an affirmation app on my iPhone that shows me a new positive quote every day.

Ok. I have to admit, I feel a bit silly (you may laugh at me a bit, not too long please).
But I think I will stick to this for a while though... it might work!

The beautiful jewelry and photo are by Kaye Blegvads.

2 comments:

  1. Geloof me, het werkt. Wat je tegen jezelf zegt is altijd de waarheid. Aan mijn nachtkastje hangt ook een affirmatie lijstje, ik lees het iedere keer voor het slapen gaan. In het begin was ik er wat sceptisch over, maar ik ben nu helemaal om! :)

    ReplyDelete

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.